Coda have just completed a website for young, new singer songwriter, Ceskie. Created in WordPress to enable easy updating, www.ceskie.com has jumped up the Alexa ratings in just one week. Mike Connon explains some of the tricks of the trade and clever social media Coda used to help Ceskie get noticed:
1. The domain http://www.ceskie.com was registered a couple of years ago. Although it lay dormant, it was ageing, proving to search engines that the domain wasn’t being abused.
2. As Ceskie is a singer, she immediately linked up to relevant social networking sites. These included setting up a band page on Facebook, creating a presence and uploading songs on MySpace and ReverbNation, Tweeting regularly and encouraging her friends to ‘like’ her.
3. Ceskie asked the owner of a website with a page rank of 6.5 to blog about her and create a link. Being recommended by a website with such a high google rating immediately bolstered www.ceskie.com’s rating proving clever social media really works.
4. Coda ensured that the same visual branding was used across all social media and ensured that the same name was used wherever possible. Where the name was still available, Ceskie was chosen; where it wasn’t, Ceskie_Music was used. This creates vital consistency.
5. Coda encouraged Ceskie to write regular blogs and use key words. As the weeks and months pass, this will become increasingly important.
Come back to the Coda blog soon as we’ll be updating about what we’re doing to help raise Ceskie’s profile.